SOLIDWORKS® Model-Based Definition (MBD) allows you to define and organize 3D dimensions, tolerances, datums, notes, bills of materials (BOMs), and other annotations; customize publishing templates to meet manufacturing requirements such as part or assembly specifications, RFQs Order Form (RFQ) and Incoming Inspection Report. You can also publish to widely accepted formats such as eDrawings®, STEP 242 and 3D PDF for clear 3D communication. .
SOLIDWORKS MBD helps manufacturers annotate and organize 3D data, including datums, dimensions, tolerances, surface finishes, annotations, and bills of materials (BOMs). SOLIDWORKS MBD can also publish data to widely used formats such as eDrawings®, STEP 242, and 3D PDF.
• Reduce scrap and rework with intuitive 3D annotation.
• Avoid discrepancies between 3D models and 2D drawings, which can lead to huge manufacturing waste.
• Automatically identify manufacturing features to align model-based annotation with manufacturing practices.
• Reduce the number of 2D drawings to simplify the document management process.
SOLIDWORKS MBD builds on SOLIDWORKS Standard and offers a host of new capabilities.
• Copy DimXpert from source configuration to other configuration to save time and maintain consistency.
• Copy DimXpert from source parts to derived or mirrored parts for downstream manufacturing.
• Copy DimXpert from source files to other files to migrate similar but different legacy models.
WRITE A MESSAGE TO US